6 Great Features of Toyota Safety Sense™
There is much to consider when you’re in the market for a new vehicle. Do you want a car, truck, SUV or hybrid? What color interests you? What features are important? Regardless of your answer to these questions, one thing is certain: safety is paramount. That’s why the team at Fernelius Toyota in Cheboygan, MI are proud to offer Toyota Safety Sense™.
As a family-owned-and-operated dealership that has been serving Northern Michigan since 2004, we consider the clients we’re serving to be a part of our family, too — that’s why we are committed to doing our best to keep you safe.
Toyota Safety Sense™ consists of a bundle of active safety features that come standard on many new Toyota vehicles. These innovative features are designed to help protect you and your passengers from harm, as well as help offer peace of mind while you drive. Toyota Safety Sense™ includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection. This integrated camera and radar system is designed to help reduce the likelihood of colliding with a preceding car or pedestrian.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. This high-tech cruise control uses radar behind the Toyota badge and a camera on the windshield designed to adjust your speed, helping you maintain a preset distance from the car in front of you.
- Lane Departure Alert. A camera on your windshield may help you avoid the consequences of unintended lane departure by alerting you when it senses that you’ve veered from your lane.
- Automatic High Beams. A camera on your windshield aids nighttime driving by detecting headlights and taillights of preceding vehicles and toggling accordingly between high and low beams.
- Road Sign Assist. Using a forward-facing intelligent camera, Road Sign Assist is designed to detect speed limit signs, stop signs, do-not-enter signs and yield signs, and display them on the multi-information display.
- Lane Tracing Assist. When Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is enabled and lane markers are visible, Lane Tracing Assist uses the lines on the road and preceding vehicles to help keep the vehicle centered and in its lane.